The Fourth International Teaching Artist Conference (ITAC4) will be held in the U.S. for the first time in New York City September 13-15, 2018. [Previous conferences were held in Oslo (2012), Brisbane (2014), and Edinburgh (2016).] While the in-person conference is sold out, teaching artists are encouraged to attend digitally.
Digital conference goers will be able to participate online through a live stream of plenary sessions, curated interviews and conversations, along with access to special web-only content:
- Catch keynote presentations from Liz Lerman, Marc Bamuthi Joseph, and Aaron Huey.
- Join the first ITAC project as they create an historical timeline for the global field.
- Learn about and join the ITAC Collaborative that will continue between conferences.
- And sessions like:
- Let Our Light Shine: Songwriting and Goal Attainment for Homeless Men with Mental Illness
- Teaching Artists in International Development: Creating Safe Spaces for Challenging Power and Agency
- The Moth: True Stories from Teaching Artists and Their Students
- The Power of Parade to Build Community
- The Responsibility of 21st Century Artists in Communities
- Theatre and Community: Engaging, Responsive and Inclusive
Transforming Through Performing
- And more
All of these online sessions will be archived on the ITAC website.