Organized by areas identified in the Create, Connect, and Catalyze Framework
- MoMA Photo Club, MoMA
- Alice Neel’s Paintings Meet the Moment at the Met, NPR
- These 15 art exhibitions will get you in the mood for spring, WBUR
- Webinars and workshops series for artists this Spring and Summer, Mass Cultural Council in partnership with MASS MoCA’s Assets for Artists.
- How to have Constructive Conversations. A talk by world debate champion Julia Dhar, including three essential features of productive disagreements grounded in curiosity and purpose, TED Talks.
- Food Justice Mural – Community Art Center Cambridge partnered to create a moveable mural and a zine around the Food Justice Movement.
- Mural Representing Lynn Residents to be Installed at City Hall: A “Wall of Gratitude” honors local heroes, including CYD Alums.
- The Kid Mero Talks, “What it Means to be Latino” – Code Switch conversation with Dominican American podcaster exploring the Latino/a/e/x identity.
- Free legal consulting for MA cultural nonprofits, Mass Cultural Council and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston. Part of the Recover, Rebuild, Renew webinar series.
- The Arts Advantage: Impacts of Arts Education on Boston Students, EdVestors
- Art and Activism: A lesson series capitalizing on children’s natural relationship to art, Learning for Justice
- The Why Change? Discussing CYD, social change and new models of philanthropy, with DeLashea Strawder, the Executive and Artistic Director of Mosaic Youth Theatre (also a CYD alum and 2021 Lewis Prize For Music awardee), and the CEO of The Lewis Prize for Music, Dalouge Smith.
- “My Dearest Arts Organization, Are You Listening?” Teaching Artists Guild offers reflection questions and a checklist to help strengthen relationships with teaching artists and sustain the arts ecosystem.
- Let’s talk about protest art! Participate in this social media campaign by visiting Creative Generation’s blog.
- Senate Ways & Means Committee approves Mass Cultural Council’s $20M spending request. Please thank your state Senator today using MASSCreative’s advocacy alert.
- Arts Education Partnership (AEP) will accept concurrent session proposals through the online submission form for the 2021 AEP Virtual Gathering. Deadline: May 21.
- PaintBox 2021: The City of Boston is offering a $500 stipend to approved artists to paint utility boxes with original designs. Deadline: May 31.
- The 2021 Kaplan Playwright competition is accepting submissions from Cape Cod playwrights. The New Playwrights, New Plays Competition encourages and stimulates the writing and production of new full-length plays by Cape and Island writers. Deadline: May 31.
- See more artist opportunities on ArtSake.