Organized by areas identified in the Create, Connect, and Catalyze Framework
- NPR Student Podcast Challenge: College Edition. What does college sound like? Share with NPR by Feb. 15, 2021. (The middle and high school edition begins Jan. 1.)
- NPR’s Favorite Books Of 2020, 50 best albums of the year, and 100 Best Songs of 2020. Rethinking Schools best picks for books, videos, websites, and other social justice resources, and some of the Best Art Books of 2020 from Hyperallergic.
- If you adults won’t save the world, we will, Xiye Bastida, TED2020.
- Breaking barriers: Brooklyn girl, 12, is one of the youngest composers for NY Philharmonic.
- How creative writing can help you through life’s hardest moments, Sakinah Hofler, TEDxUCincinnati.
- In Protest, there is community and joy rising, photographer OJ Slaughter has documented many Boston-area Black Lives Matter protests and the March on Washington during the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. “The History of Right Now” is on display at Windy Films.
- Setting up for Hybrid Learning, a video training by Company One.
- Mass Cultural Council Names Michael J. Bobbitt Next Executive Director
- Centering the Picture: The role of race & ethnicity in cultural engagement, an analysis of national survey data from the first wave of Culture+Community in a Time of Crisis: A Special Edition of Culture Track.
- Centering Creative Youth in Community Development: A Creative Placemaking Field Scan, web-based tools and resources created by and for practitioners, via The Creative Youth & Community Development research initiative by ArtPlace America and Creative Generation.
- First Aid Arts Mini Toolkit – A resource for mental and emotional first aid for one’s self-care and with friends and family.
- The Social Life of Forests: The worsening state of the world’s oceans could have major health consequences for humans, according to a new study. Cultivating a richer relationship with the plants of our world.
- EPISODE 5: To be Black, Bostonian, and proud. Boston Globe, Black joy, Black lives, as celebrated by culture columnist Jeneé Osterheldt.
- The Building Movement Project – Training + Tools + Ideas for Nonprofits = Social Change.
- Next Generation Voices: Social Change, Youth Activism & Writing the Future You Want To See, hosted by Lauren Gunderson and featuring #ENOUGH young playwrights.
- NAEA Town Hall Conversations. Check out the Dec. 15 recording of Art Education and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Moving from Ideas to Action with Ruth Mercado-Zizzo from EdVestors (and great resources).
- Art, Culture, and Creativity: Connecting During COVID-19, MASSCreative’s small-scale public education campaign highlighting the ways in which artists, creative workers, and arts and cultural organizations across the creative sector have been connecting people throughout the pandemic. Add your voice.
- Mass Cultural Council’s Artist Fellowships are available in Crafts, Film & Video, Dramatic Writing, Music Composition, Photography, and Sculpture/Installation/New Genres. Join the Jan. 6 office hours to learn tips on applying. Deadline: Feb. 8, 2021
- Red Bull Arts Microgrant: Boston, Artists must be residing and working in Boston for the last year, at minimum. Deadline: Dec. 31, 2020.
- Studios at Mass MoCA for the Summer/Fall 2021 residency season. Deadline: Jan. 8, 2021.
- Cultural Facilities Fund grants are due Jan. 15, 2021.
- Moving Image Fund grants from New England-based filmmakers making feature-length (40+ minute) non-fiction film projects. Deadline: Jan. 22, 2021.
- The Artist Project, a project of The Community Arts Initiative at the MFA Boston is open for applications. Deadline: Jan. 22, 2021.
- Curatorial Proposal for new voices of New England-based curators, and exhibits. Deadline: Feb. 15, 2021.
- Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation Individual Support Grant, Deadline: Feb. 26, 2021.
- New England Musicians Relief Fund has a rolling deadline.
- Opportunity Fund has a rolling deadline.
- Jazz Road Tours has a rolling deadline.
- National Theater Project Presenter Travel Grants provides monetary assistance for travel to promote the touring of NTP funded projects. Deadline: Rolling.
- Musicians Foundation CV19 Emergency Aid Grants has a rolling deadline.