Organized by areas identified in the Create, Connect, and Catalyze Framework
- Black History Month 2021: Black Women in Science, Powells Books.
- Women Scientists Were Written Out of History. It’s Margaret Rossiter’s Lifelong Mission to Fix That, Smithsonian
- The Third Self: Mary Oliver on Time, Concentration, the Artist’s Task, and the Central Commitment of the Creative Life, Brain Pickings
- IGNITE: Youth Showcase of Art Inspired by Historic Women of the SouthCoast. For youth ages 12-22. Submit by March 31 to New Bedford Whaling Museum.
- Bloom, a short film about depression and recovery and How do you help a grieving friend?
- Youth Arts Impact Network Expands to Public-Private Partnership, and offers a new website.
- Complete the Lewis Prize for Music’s (CYD) Community Response Survey and contribute to the larger field’s response to COVID-19. Deadline: Mar 19.
- The CDC offers guidance for reopening schools. MA education commissioner wins authority to force school districts to bring students back to classrooms full time preK-5. How and where to get the vaccine in MA, now that K-12 and early educators, child-care workers, and other school staff members are eligible.
- Boston Performance Venues Greet Reopening Guidelines With Caution, And Confusion, The ARTery
- Museums Are Safer Than Any Other Indoor Activity, COVID-19 Study Says, Hyperallergic
- Arizona, Massachusetts Create Youth Arts Councils, NASAA Notes
- 7 Ways to Tell Stories Ethically: The Journey from Exploited Program Participant to Empowered Storyteller, Community Centric Fundraising
- It’s Time to Shift the Power Inequities Among Arts Nonprofits, Hyperallergic
- Afrofuturism and Black Joy classroom resources, Facing History and Ourselves.
- Paycheck Protection Program offers loans to businesses with fewer than 20 employees. Deadline: Mar 10.
- Citizens’ Institute on Rural Design, offers two programs for rural communities with populations under 50,000. Deadline: Mar 12.
- The 2021 Actos de Confianza Grant, a $2,500-$5,000 COVID-19 relief program, exclusively supports Latinx art and culture makers. The application and program guidelines are available for Latinx artists and organizations within MA. Deadline: Mar 17.
- The Poetry of Science seeks Cambridge poets. Deadline: Mar 21.
- Poetry Foundation Opens Emergency Grants Fund offers one-time emergency grants between $5,000–$20,000 to support poetry and art organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Deadline: Mar 31.
- See more artist opportunities on ArtSake.