Organized by areas identified in the Create, Connect, and Catalyze Framework
- The Black Woman Artist Who Crafted a Life She Was Told She Couldn’t Have, New York Times
- What Ramona Quimby Taught Me about Taking Up Space, Renée Watson on how meeting Ramona Quimby changed her life, Portland Monthly
- April is #NationalPoetryMonth – “In This Place (An American Lyric),” a short film, featuring a choral recitation of a protest-themed poem written by National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman and showcasing 16 Massachusetts poets, Mass Poetry.
- Celebrating National Poetry Month with Boston’s Poetry Ambassadors, Alondra Bobadilla and Porsha Olayiwola, WGBH News
- Why Transgender Representation in the Art Room Matters: Interview with Rae Senarighi, the Art of Education University. See the Trans Emergency Fund in Massachusetts for more resources and information
- Spectacular Tiny Sculptures Made of Recycled Watches, My Modern Met
- The Radical Legacy of Hannah Höch, One of the Only Female Dadaists, My Modern Met
- Three simple ways to express empathy in your next conversation, ideas.ted.com
- The Use of Music in the Treatment and Management of Serious Mental Illness: A Global Scoping Review of the Literature, co-authored by Tasha Golden, Frontiers in Psychology
- Community Art Projects Offer Healing and Hope, Mass Cultural Council
- At Urbano, a scholar connects young artists with ‘deeply local’ educators, The Boston Globe
- AT&T Youth Voices Collective Film Competition. For students ages 13-19 to submit short films that educate and inspire action. Deadline: April 27.
- The 10th Annual Water Rising, a Creative Challenge for Teens Worldwide. This content is a platform for young people (ages 11-18) to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication. Deadline: June 14.
- Creativity For Good: How Are You Using Your Creative Superpowers? Submit stories, experiences, and projects led by young creatives and amplify how creativity is used for social good to Creative Generation’s 2021 Campaign.
- Power of Culture Advocacy Campaign Launched for 2021-2022, Mass Cultural Council
- Recover, Rebuild, Renew Series – April, Mass Cultural Council
- How to turn a cause into a law – 26 year-old Amanda Nguyen has already helped pass 11 laws in the US.
- ITAC IMPACT: Climate Call for Teaching Artists applications are now open, The International Teaching Artist Collaborative. Deadline: April 12.
- The NEA’s Challenge America offers support primarily to small organizations for projects in all artistic disciplines that extend the reach of the arts to populations that are underserved. Deadline: April 22.
- BPS Arts Expansion announces EdVestors Spring 2021 Call for Proposals. Deadline: April 28.
- EdVestors Racial Equity Seed Fund 2021-2022 School Year grant guidelines available. Build an action-based learning community to implement, test, and scale solutions developed by those most impacted in schools to advance racial equity. Deadline: May 13.
- Collective Futures Fund supports visual artists and artist-run activity in Greater Boston with grants between $2,000 and $6,000. Deadline: June 15.
- See more artist opportunities on ArtSake.